Saturday, January 23, 2010

Middle Brother Bliss

Today I get to see my brother, and I see that I still need to be in a state of prayer with the almighty regarding his welfare. I see where he's grown, and I thought he was getting better. But, a new revelation today that he wanted kept between us three but what scared me is that he's no longer taking his medicine.
Let me back up, Nathan and I have had a very hard childhood, that's no excuse for any of our actions, because God still gives us free will, and we make choices and should still take responsibility for our actions, but it may explain quite a lot.
Growing up, our parents divorced right around when I was 12. My brother was 10, so he was affected a little more than I, I think. I should say this again, dad LEFT us ...me, my mom, and my little brother. Drinking, alcoholism, and a midlife crisis killed our family.
I remember looking at my mom when I was right around the age of dad leaving, before he left and said you and dad are going to get a divorce aren't you? and she said no, they even went to councelling, but nothing helped. mom wasn't good with money, she had more interest in animals then us, dad drank, mom was a christian, dad used to be but turned out to be backslidden...mom revealed that she cheated on dad, even though he never knew she did, i told him recently that i'd never be like her and cheat on my husband, and i'd never be like him, and up and leave my family and take the easy way out.
Anywhoo...dad is very mean, controlling, loud, a military Navy man...who is an alcoholic on top of it...he used to drag me out of bed after i worked 2nd shift all night to wash one dish that i'd leave in the sink because it wasn't a sink load. He'd make me bundle up and make me see my breath in his house and keep the thermostat so low that we'd have to wear 3 pieces of clothing to bed...and he wouldn't turn it up!
He would get drunk, throw up on the rug, and walk around naked...
He'd invite my brother and I over, and my brother actually lived with him at the time, and then he'd make us leave, right after cause he got a call and wanted to have sex with his girlfriend in his hot tub, and told us we had to leave! and my brother lived there!
so, then on top of dealing with that, he drove drunk with us in the car all the time!
also, my mom went out and dated a 70 yr old man that was a nasty pervert who was married ...and he told us that we were hemmoroids, and then gave my mother a list of chores for us to do. . .
then, my dad had sex with my mom after he divorced her..and had her over for booty calls at night...
my step dad that she is now married to has picked my brother up by his throat, called him fat boy, threw a screwdriver at my brother when my brother simply asked to show him a photo, and left marks on his back, my brother got him back a few times though, he threw a cordless phone at ron's face, and several other things. he tried to swing at me one night and his son and my mom had to hold him back...he then left my mom, but before leaving asked if i would go with him and live with him in a house he was planning on buying in clarksdale, he asked me if his son whom i was dating at the time was still sexually satisfying me, and that's he's been looking at me lately, then he took me into the bathroom and tried rubbing stuff on me and made me a romantic show/bath when i was sick and told me he'd be in the bedroom waiting on me if i wanted him to just come on in.
Anyway, because of all we've went through, and because my mom kicked nathan out to save her marriage with an abusive/physically and mentally step-dad, and because he's had to live in his cars, and people's random barns, and sheds, and garages, he's tried to committ suicide here lately at least 3 times.
and now he's got his own place, he's on disability, but he's now revealed to us tonight he's back to not taking his pills again...i just don't know what to do...i will pray for his safety and his mind set...
love,
ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment