Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Ponderment...(?)

Is Ponderment a word??
Anywhoo...something has come across that needs much prayer.
My job is offering a promotional position for a supervisor.
I've a) always wanted to be a supervisor here
b) always wanted to work overnights here lately
c) would love only working 3 days a week!
I need to pray to God for discernment though because I'd
a) be working every weekend
b) be working every Sunday!!
c) be heading up a program that's coming to the building.
I've been thinking and weighing the positives and negatives though...I've been wanting to go to thirds to
The Positives:
1. get away from a certain couple people that work days..(well, 2nds)
2. would be relaxing, and peaceful and a lot less stressful
3. wouldn't have to do mundane programs that I've done the last year...
4. would be a pay raise, but would equal out to the same really
5. would put in my God given talent and that's helping/shaping/molding agents
6. lunch would be an hour!
7. Would practically be a stay at home mom(to be)/wife like I've always wanted
with having 4 days at home with the little one.
8. Mom would probably be able to babysit most of the time for our little one
because I'd have the weekends to work.
9. Charlie has week days off anyway, so I'd be off with him more on his days off, which would include the baby.
10. When we do move back to Decatur area, we can have our furbabies.
11. When we moved back to that area, I would only have to drive 3 days to Taylorville, and not 5.
12. I could still go to church, it would just be on Wednesdays, and when we make the move we'd be a lot closer to church, and still close to shopping, and close to my brother.
The Negatives:
1. Wouldn't really be much of a pay raise, but more stress/responsibility
2. 12 hour days
3. Wouldn't see certain people that I do like as much
4. Would be all alone if I have a question.
5. Sleeping pattern would be crazy.
6. Would be every weekend


Please dear God direct me and lead me in the way you want me to go.

2 comments:

  1. positive # 13, more time on sunny days, and getting off early in the a.m. i can walk before it gets to miserable hot, and it will help me go right to bed from working 12 hours then walking, would get me into shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. positive #14 we would still be able to have supper together depending on when my lunch is.

    ReplyDelete