Friday, December 18, 2009

Forgiveness...

As hard, or strange, or difficult as it might of been, I decided, actually God decided through me, to let go of the anger, and the biterness towards Charlie's mom. So, I wrote her on Facebook when I found her profile and said that I forgave her.
She wrote back in sort of the way I expected, and very selfishly said she'd not forget things. I wasn't asking you to, I asked for forgiveness! And, told you I was forgiving YOU.
I did this to help lift the weight off of the both of us. Afterall, I think if she got off of her pills, and stopped drinking, and letting her two children rule her life, or speak for her, then she'd be a decent person. I liked her okay when I met her, then I saw what Dale and Heather do to her. Eeek. and Ick.
But, I digress, I definitely feel better that I forgave her. Now, what she does with that, is her decision.
Now, why can't I forgive my father?
I'd love to forgive him, but I want nothing to do with anyone he dates, simply for the fact that everyone he has dated has come before us kids. EVERYONE. He used to invite us over, then say, well, now you have to leave ( after we'd been there only about 10 minutes ), and say "Well, my girlfriend is coming over, and we're going to spend time together in the hottub, so you guys need to leave, and my brother lived with him, and he was made to leave!?" Can you believe that? !
I think I may sit down and let him know my feelings in a letter.
Anywhoo, Thank you God for letting me know I need to forgive her, I feel much better!
Love,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment