Sunday, December 13, 2009

Our Christmas Miracle...

Hey, so a while back our couch broke, and we had been looking for a loveseat, and we were hating sitting so far apart in two different recliners.
So, we searched and searched, and finally found one on Swap Shop for $150. My husband went one Saturday to look at it and took picutres and brought them home for me to see. I thought it was okay, but wanted to offer the man only $100 for it, but he said no, he wanted $150 firm.
Well, we went ahead and bought it but told the man we didn't have a way to haul it and asked if he would if we gave him extra for gas money, so he agreed.
Charlie said he knew my dad and worked at the prison with him.
Well, he brought it over, and left and we both went to work. The Sunday following, I had just gotten my chores done, and errands, and came home exhausted.
There was a knock on my door at night, can't remember what time, but Charlie was at work, and no one ever comes over unless it's my mom and she would have called.
So, I slowly opened the door, and it was a man standing there kind of heavy set with glasses, and someone in his car with the headlights on.
He asked me how I liked my new loveseat, and I said, well, it's fine, and who are you. He said he figured I wouldn't of recognized him since he only dealt with my husband and that he had sold it to us. I thanked him and thanked him for delivering it.
He continued by telling me that after he left that day he dropped it off with us that God had told him to come back, but that he knew my husband had to go to work.
He then held out his hand and said that God told me to give you the loveseat, and in his hand was $150!!!
The Lord, spoke to him, and he listened! Now that's a man of God! I wept, and told him thank you several times, and waved at his wife, and then was filled with so much of the Holy Spirit just flooding me that I almost hit my knees!
I've never had that happen before, especially never that much money involved. Well, I prayed on what we should do with it, Charlie wanted to pay his attorney he has for another matter, and I said, no, we should pray on what to do with it.
So we ended up feeling that we should give my mom some of it, to help her out, because she was short, and she always helped us out in the past. Then, we ended up using the rest to pay for some bills.
God also blessed us a while back by sending us a $100 bill in the parking lot of the laundry mat! Can you believe it? I mean, I've found $5, $1, but $100?!? God is good! All the time, and all the time, He is good!
I thought I'd let u all know that I now feel that God is there and is listening to us, and knows that we are trying to be a blessing and trying to live and pray and have the best lives we can, even though we are sinners, we are still HIS!
There are Christians in this town, and there are ones that listen to God!
And I hardly worry now thanks to God! He had made my provisions great, and my worry few!
Praise God, praise god! praise god! praise god! praise god, praise god, praise god!!! It makes me sing! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment