Saturday, June 26, 2010

FAITH

That's What Faith Can Do....
Faith is the confident belief or trust in the truth or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.[1][2] The word "faith" can refer to a religion itself or to religion in general.
As with "trust", faith involves a concept of future events or outcomes, and is used conversely for a belief "not resting on logical proof or material evidence."[3][4] Informal usage of the word "faith" can be quite broad, and may be used in place of "trust" or "belief."
Faith is in general the persuasion of the mind that a certain statement is true.[5] It is the belief and the assent of the mind to the truth of what is declared by another, based on his or her authority and truthfulness.[6] The English word faith is dated from 1200–50, from the Latin fidem, or fidēs, meaning trust, akin to fīdere, which means to trust.[1]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm focusing on Faith right now in my journey with Christ. As I mature as a believer I feel that I fail in this "section" persay, of my relationship with God. If I believe in God, then, why despite my circumstances shouldn't I be able to belive that He can do ANYTHING. And, I do mean ANYTHING.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How do others do it? How do you all do it that are believers? I've believed him before. I believed him when my 1st husband left that He would bring him back and show him the error of his ways. So, instead Lord, you brought me someone better. Someone and I quote from Cleveland: "Someone that looks just like Ryan, only he won't be anything like him." Boy, was he right! For some reason though, even with my husband, my angel God sent from above, faith is faltered.
The reason--because of how badly Ryan, and other men have hurt me. Emotional injury is not something I can just make majically go away ... I believe that healing can take time..and if you don't like that...if you don't like the fact that you may have to prove that your not like all of the others..including my dad that walked out on me...then you can leave. I've told Charlie that from the beginning. He said that he understands, he's been hurt before, and he would spend the rest of his and my life making me believe he's trustworthy. I already feel in my heart that he is, and in all of my being...and then, there's the mind. It plays tricks on me. I need to pick up Battlefield of the Mind again by Joyce Meyer. It's a great read...and may be able to bring me the healing that I need in this area.
Everyday, my mind is a battlefield...that I do not enjoy...
In my heart of hearts, my mind always wins. That's what causes me to act almost bi-polar. I know what I believe, and I know I want to believe it...and I am inside a positive, person. But, in my mind...I'm a pessimistic, in my speech, I'm negative....and I cry out not to be. It breaks my heart, that I break others. Please dear Lord, be the change in me that I want to be in this world. In my world. At work, at home, even at your house of worship. Bring me the confidence to know that I don't need anyone else in this world but YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment